Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Sea&sea RDX housing maintenance

Started by Steepdiver ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Sea&sea RDX housing maintenance

3 posts
  1. Hi everyone, just wondering what's the best method of storing my housing between dives? Should I separate after rinsing the port base adapter from the nx port and housing and store in air tight bags, or leave all connected and then lube and inspect o rings before the next dive. I usually dive every other week. Any input will be much appreciated. Thanks.

  2. Hi

     

    Sadly I don't get to dive every couple of weeks, so:

     

    Between dive trips, after rinsing I remove the port and housing o-rings and store them in plastic bags (not air tight ones) inside the port and the housing so they don't get mixed up or lost. Everything is then stored in my Pelican travel case in which I have a large silica gel pack.

     

    I do not leave anything connected.

     

    When I was diving every day, I did leave everything connected and just rinsed my gear. I probably checked and relubed things every 3-4 days.

     

    If I was diving every couple of weeks I think I'd disassemble my gear and re-build for each trip.

  3. Hi I've an old Dx200 and dive almost every week. That's what I do. At least half an hour fresh water bath after the dive and never forget to press all the buttons to release the trapped salt. When the rig is completely dry replace the back door o ring with an old one not in use anymore, I usually leave the front barrels in place with the o rings and just clean them once a month or when I change the lenses and barrels in use. Don't forget if u want to check the integrity of your o rings use your lips !!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.