Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

old nikon 60mm lens in nauticam 60/87 mm port new type

Started by steve c r ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

old nikon 60mm lens in nauticam 60/87 mm port new type

3 posts
  1. Hi all I have a problem. I am looking for information as to whether the old style nikon lens ( 60mm) will fit into the nauticam macro port 60 , I also have a 20 mm port extention for the 60 making it an 87. The reason I am asking is i`m told the old lens works really well with a teleconverter and the new lens which i have does not. I don`t want to start buying more ports to replace stuff i already have but would buy an old 60 mm lens if it will fit into my existing ports and work . thanks for advice steve

     

    ps. just to make this clear i have the macro port made for the new 60mm lens not the compact port or old style threaded nauticam port.

    Edited by steve c r
  2. I used the 60mm 2.8D in port 87 a lot with a DX body (D7000)...worked well on its own. With a wet diopter it showed the barrel of the wet lens (Subsee +10). Now that I am shooting a full frame body, I haven't used the 60.

  3. I believe Jack Connick from Optical Ocean Sales told me that he has used the AF-D in the Nauticam Macro 60 port. At 1:1 it fills it, so you can't use any dry diopters or filters. You may want to ping him and confirm.

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.