Skip to content

Classifieds / Archived topic

Sony 3D video camera (HDR TD10) + high end housing...

Started by ChrisSG ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Sony 3D video camera (HDR TD10) + high end housing...

7 posts
  1. Hi!

     

    I am cleaning up my gear collection a bit and I am offering today:

     

    Camera

    - Sony 3D video camera (HDR TD10) with a 16gb Memory stick (the camera has 64gb built in and also takes SD cards if I am not wrong)

    - two batteries (one in pretty good condition, the other is used)

    - a two bay battery charger from Sony (expensive, not standard with the camera and VERY practical for UW videographers...)

     

    Housing

    - Sealux aluminium housing in great condition.

    - Red filter with flip holder for the front of the housing

    - a light rail with two ball connectors for standard lighting arms

     

    The camera is with me in Switzerland, but I can post it from within the EU for those of you where this might make an import tax difference.

     

    The camera is 4-5 years old, but in very good shape, still makes excellent 3d as well as 2d videos. Only thing not included cause I don't find it anymore are the printed manual (online freely available) and a cable to connect the camera directly to a TV.

     

    Approx. new price:

    Camera: 1500

    Charger: 150

    Extra battery: 70

    Housing: 2500

    Filter: 150

    Rail: 150

    Price New: > 4500 EUR

    Asking price: 1300 EUR or best offer

     

    Trades? I am a private guy and not a shop, so I will only accept stuff I might actually use: I have two Canon DSLR in Nauticam housings, so I might be interested in Canon lenses/ Accessories or Nauticam ports/stuff...

  2. Hello Chris,

     

    I am interested in your rig and have some questions.

     

    Have you got any representative video footage you can supply or provide a link to?

     

    Is the TD10 3D footage strictly 1081i MVC format?

     

    Which NLE software is included, if any?

     

    To your knowledge, can the Sealux housing be adapted to the TD20?

     

    Please respond off-line at markb@redshift.com

     

    Many thanks,

    Mark

  3. I am afraid that I won't be much of help with your questions: The bottom line is that I am a DSLR photographer who coincidentally got his hand on this set 2nd hand a year ago, was intrigued about the idea of 3d video and found out that it's not the right thing for me.


    1. Yes, I believe it only does Full HD and only records in the Sony MVC format in 3d. 2d is in the standard AVCHD, but I never actually tried that. The original software was not with it when I bought it, so it comes without. I hardly used the camcorder, but my cheap video program Magix Video Deluxe (I got the 2013 version) seems to work fine with the files. I think this might be a German product though, no idea if they have an English version: http://www.magix.com/de/video-deluxe/


    2. I have honestly no idea about the TD 20. I have a Canon 550 and 600D and their housings are not compatible at all thanks to Canon moving every last button for approx. 1 mm... I'd check with sealux. Most controls are by wire and therefore surely ok. The key controls that are controlled with switches are the multiwheel at the front and the 2D/3d switch at the back. Seems like the Recsea housing is compatible for Td10/Td20 and Td30 (http://www.digitaldiver.com.au/shop/product/rec-vhstd20)... so if that means that the buttons did not move would I guess it is a yes - but cannot ultimately tell you without trying.


    3. I only used the camera for some testing, never took it on a dive trip as it was frankly too heavy to carry both video and DSLR. That's the reason I am selling it... so I have honestly no good footage to share...


    I'll make some photos this weekend and add them to the post.


    Cheers,


    Chris
  4. bump... open to offers.

  5. Hi Chris,

     

    Pinging you again.

     

    Thank you,

    Mark

  6. Bump - Set is still available. Open to offers as well as trades with Canon and Nauticam stuff...

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.