Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Beginner mentorship Canon T3I 600D

Started by mimenza01 ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Beginner mentorship Canon T3I 600D

2 posts
  1. Hello everyone I am looking to progress into underwater photography with my DSLR camera. I live in Cozumel Island, here we have giant reef structures and 100 ft. plus visibility. This are perfect conditions for underwater photography and filming. I actually have a Canon T3I or 600D camera and a pair of gopro's. I would like to hear any recommendations or tips in order to buy my equipment. Should I stay with this camera? Which housing is good for me? Where can I buy it? New or used?

     

    I've done some research and this camera is pretty good for beginners, I am really interested in buying a housing for less than 200 ft. depths but they seem to be very expensive. I am and student so my budget is kind of restricted. Also I will be glad to contact or provide any recommendations to anyone who is coming to the Yucatan Peninsula. Thanks

  2. The camera is great. You can get an ikelite housing for it for about $1500 or so. You can also get a Meikon housing (labeled perhaps Polaroid) from B&H for $350 with a port good for the 18-55 lens.

    BVA

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.