Hi,
I plan to acquire a WA setup in 2017 (camera/lens/housing; not tomorrow, not next week, but within the next few monthes
). I am still not shure wich sensor platform (MFT, APS-C, VF) to choose, but in the meantime I look which lenses are popular/available, the sensor platform I choose will also depend on this...
When one compares three popular UW WA lenses using DXO benchmark:
Sony E 10-18mm f/4 on Sony A6000 vs Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH on Olympus OM-D E-M5 vs Sony FE Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS on Sony A7R II | DxOMarkand looks at "sharpness" (to my opinion a very important criterion for a lens), the comparison is as follows:
Panasonic 7-14mm (MFT):
at f8 - f11 the sharpness in "perceptual Mpix" is between 3 to 6 Mpix. Only at larger apertures sharpness increases to >10 Mpix at shorter focus length.
Sony SEL 10-18mm (APS-C):
at f8 - f11 the sharpness in "perceptual Mpix" is also between 3 to 6 Mpix. Sharpness does not improve with larger apertures, hence this lense is the worst.
Zeiss Variotessar 16-35mm (VF):
>12 Mpix, almost throughout.
My question: Does someone have direct experience and can compare these lenses' performance UW?
Is there indeed such a hughe difference in image sharpness between these lenses (is this DXO benchmark misleading?)?
Does someone know about optical testing of these lenses other than by DXO?
Wolfgang
P.S.: the Sony 7-14mm was not (yet?) tested by DXO...
