Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Advice on major upgrade

Started by Pajjpen ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Advice on major upgrade

1 posts
  1. Im finally retiring my GoPros and jumping on the mft train. I will be going for the Panasonic gx80 for the video stabilization (will only be doing video)

    I figured I would post a list of what I intend on buying, and let u guys share your opinions, if I missed anything I need, if you'd replace something etc etc. Any input or criticism is much appreciated.

     

    - Olympus 60mm macro lens

     

    - Panasonic gx80

     

    - Ikelite housing

     

    - Panasonic 7-14mm lens

     

    - Dlm 6 inch dome Ikelite

     

    - Zoom kit for dome^

     

    - Ikelite 8 inch modular dome port (have heard a bigger dome is better for sharpness, so might go for this one instead of the 6 inch one, if there's a zoom kit available for it, without the zoom ability I'll opt for the 6 inch. How bad is that for sharpness anyways?)

     

    - Mirrorless port adaptor for ^

     

    - Dual handle ikelite tray

     

    - Flat macro port Ikelite ( this is a cheap option from Ikelite which doesn't require any extension ring, there is also another option with a modular glass port that requires an extension ring, and I'm not sure what to choose, if the difference in quality is big enough to justify 2.5x the price)

     

    Also one last thing, does anyone know which extension I need to attach my locline arms to the Ikelite handles?

    Cheers, Pajjpen!

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.