Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Raja Ampat video of Dascyllus reticulatus behavior

Started by GeoPaul7 ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Raja Ampat video of Dascyllus reticulatus behavior

2 posts
  1. All:

     

    While in the Misool region of Raja Ampat recently, I made a passable video of the intriguing behavior of a species of damselfish, Dascyllus reticulatus. Some, or perhaps many of you, may have seen this intriguing species. I am unclear on how common it is at the various dive sites in the Indo-Pacific region.

     

    Does anyone know how one can search for other video of the behavior of this species? Is there a database of fish species video, like there is for sound recordings of bird species (See Xeno-Canto)? If I wanted to research this fish, to see what else has been documented, how would I do that?

     

    Next, if I want to alert any institutions about my little video, which might be interested in documentation of the behavior of this species, how should I "share" this video with relevant communities?

     

    Many thanks,

     

    George Paul

     

  2. Fun!

     

    It is indeed a common sight in the Indo-Pacific and Red Sea. Still nice though!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.