Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Ikelite compact vs regular dome

Started by paninaro ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Ikelite compact vs regular dome

3 posts
  1. Anyone have any experience with Ikelite's compact 8" dome vs the regular 8" dome? I'm wondering if it works better for close focus, or avoids the need for a diopter in more situations.

  2. the compact dome is 6 inch, otherwise they would have the same size. for close focus WA, the compact dome might be more practical, the larger dome makes underovers easier. if you use non fishey lenses, your probably best off with a 8 inch dome. There is also a 3th party dome that is specifically aimed at CFWA (http://www.uwcamerastuff.com/precision_5_dome.htm). The link also includes a comparison in image quality.

  3. I have the 8" dome that I use with my 16-35 f4L lens. Absolutely love it. I don't have any experience with the compact dome.

     

     

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.