Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Complete Set

Started by Markosixty6 ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Complete Set

2 posts
  1. Hello

     

    Just thought I would throw this out. I'm sure its been discussed before. I'm shooting with a OM-D EM5. I have the panni 8mm and don't get me wrong the panni is a wonderful lens for getting up close and personal with your subjects. I also have the oly 60mm. I would like to add another lens. A wide angle lens would be my next choice to shoot bigger and faster subjects.

     

    Does anyone have any thoughts on this advantages and disadvantages with the sort of lenses you might be using out there. Be happy to hear some thoughts.

     

    Marko

  2. You could do a Panasonic 7-14mm. Gives you a bit of zoom range while still being wide enough for sharks/dolphins. There's also the cheaper Olympus 9-18mm which I have, but it's not as sharp. I took the 9-18mm to the Galapagos back in October in the standard Olympus flat port and it was wide enough for the hammerheads, but not the whale shark. If you are using a non-Olympus housing, I think you can use the 12-40 pro lens. I have no experience with it, however.

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.