Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Pigmy Pipehorses of Bare Island

Started by Pete L ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Pigmy Pipehorses of Bare Island

7 posts
  1. Sydney has some very diverse marine life for a major tourist hub and Botany Bay, being on the door step of Sydney's international Airport is a surprisingly healthy environment.
    ​Some of the more cryptic species living in Botany Bay ate the Pigmy Pipehorses.

    These little critters are so well camouflaged that they are sometimes impossible to see even when looking directly at them.

     

    I put a little video together of a recent dive I did to film the Pigmy Pipehorses, hope you enjoy it.

     

     

     

  2. Pete,

     

    Very nice!

     

    I assume you meant "are" and not "ate" LOL

     

    What diopter & holder did you use?

     

    Tom

     

    EDIT: Wonder what the skeleton shrimp-like animal is - in the upper left of some of the shots?

    Edited by wydeangle
  3. Yeah they are cool, but I want to see the cryptic species who snack on these guys - hah!

     

     

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. Fantastic - thanks for sharing!

  5. Pete,

     

    Very nice!

     

    I assume you meant "are" and not "ate" LOL

     

    What diopter & holder did you use?

     

    Tom

     

    EDIT: Wonder what the skeleton shrimp-like animal is - in the upper left of some of the shots?

    Yeah my bad, it was a long day and tired eyes ;)

     

    ​No they didn't get eaten, the little critters are still very much alive LOL :)

     

    Tom I am not sure what the skeleton shrimp is, I didn't even notice it until I watched the footage back.

    ​This footage was shot using the Sony AX100/Gates Housing/Gates GT-14 Video Lights with Tiffen Blue Filters attached.

    ​I was using the flat port and a Hoya +4 dioptre and the Gates tripod.

     

    Hope that answers your questions mate :)

  6. Pete,

     

    Thanks!

     

    I infer the +4 diopter was directly on the camera and not on a flip-out holder?

     

    Tom

  7. Pete,

     

    Thanks!

     

    I infer the +4 diopter was directly on the camera and not on a flip-out holder?

     

    Tom

    Correct Tom, the dioptre was attached directly the camera lens, inside the housing.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.