Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Apple Vacations SUXS!

Started by BrantD ·

  • 10Posts
  • 10Replies

Read-only discussion

Apple Vacations SUXS!

10 posts
  1. Apple Vacations SUXS!

    You plan a family trip months in advance, 21 hours before your plane leaves, Apple tells you the place you are staying has changed. They lie, as to why then you catch them in the lie, not once, but twice!! They won't respond to your, or your travel Agent's calls until their offices are closed even though you wait by the phone all day al they pormise they will be calling with in the hour.

     

    Instead of the Iberostar, your staying at the shitty Feasta Americana, but the other six in your group are still at the Iberostar. No compensation will be granted! No help with transportation, even though a taxi cab ride is around $20.00 each way. They did offer to move the whole group to the shitty place they stuck me at! Yea, lets ruin six others vacation also.

     

    Apple Vacations Suxs!!! :x

  2. Fiesta Americana?

    The Fiesta is actually quite a nice place to stay! Make sure they give you a room on a high floor, and enjoy! I know that it sucks to have your plans changed at the last second, but you are probably making a much bigger deal of this than it really is. The Iberostar may be swankier than the Fiesta, but I doubt if the rooms have a better view. The rooms won't be cleaner and the people won't be nicer. The food is decent and the bars are pretty much the same everywhere.

     

    Go and enjoy your vaction! You'll probably be spending most of your time in the water anyway!

     

    Dave

  3. Re: Apple Vacations SUXS!

    No help with transportation, even though a taxi cab ride is around $20.00 each way.

     

    Also, I'm not sure where you got this from. The Taxi rates are standardized, and earlier this year the Taxi fare from the Fiesta and El Presedente area to Downtown was $5.00.

     

    Dave

  4. I sympathize. No one likes having a hard earned vacation messed with......but. When you book your vacation with Apple or other similar travel companies (GWV, TNT, etc.) you are accepting a certain amount of risk. You get an attractive price but you also get a lot of fine print in the bargain.

     

    The Fiesta Americana doesn't sound too bad to me. Make the best of it and enjoy your trip.

     

    Larry

  5. I've stayed at the Fiesta American. It was a few years, but it was considered one of the best resorts on the island. You can walk downtown and the cab fare was cheap. Still I wouldn't like my vacation messed with either. Come to think of it we got there the day after a Hurricane had made 3 passes directly over the island. All the large glass windows in the Lobby were blown out. Still had an excellent time and the hotel was fine.

  6. Re: Apple Vacations SUXS!

    No help with transportation, even though a taxi cab ride is around $20.00 each way.

     

    Also, I'm not sure where you got this from. The Taxi rates are standardized, and earlier this year the Taxi fare from the Fiesta and El Presedente area to Downtown was $5.00.

     

    Dave

     

    I stayed at the Allegro last November and it was in fact $20 each way downtown. That was the standard rate no matter which cab you got into. And being on the sourthern end of the island, the ride between Allegro and downtown were 20 of the scariest minutes I've every had ;-)

  7. Re: Apple Vacations SUXS!

    I stayed at the Allegro last November and it was in fact $20 each way downtown. That was the standard rate no matter which cab you got into. And being on the sourthern end of the island, the ride between Allegro and downtown were 20 of the scariest minutes I've every had ;-)

     

    Dude, the Allegro is about twice as far from town as the Fiesta Americana.

     

    Here is a Taxi Rate Chart for Cozumel updated June 2004. The Fiesta American rate is $6.00 now and the Allegro is $17. It should be noted that the Iberostar is also $17!!!

     

    Dave

  8. G'day Dave, are you the Australian David Hicks or a different one? If you are, how's the diving around Cuba?

  9. G'day Dave, are you the Australian David Hicks or a different one?  If you are, how's the diving around Cuba?

     

    The only Australian Dave Hicks I know is the one that got detained in Afganistan. (So no, that one is not me!)

     

    Dave

  10. I could have sworn from the hotel names that people were talking about Cuba here .. are we actually talking about cozumel ?

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.