Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Some Fish from Koror, Philippines

Started by chowe ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Some Fish from Koror, Philippines

5 posts
  1. Here are some more I can't ID. Any help appreciated.

    post-51812-0-72807400-1485899617_thumb.jpg

    post-51812-0-09432800-1485899635_thumb.jpg

    post-51812-0-81119400-1485899657_thumb.jpg

    post-51812-0-93284600-1485899681_thumb.jpg

    post-51812-0-82309600-1485899702_thumb.jpg

    post-51812-0-98044000-1485899718_thumb.jpg

    post-51812-0-37919100-1485899735_thumb.jpg

  2. 3 seen things like this in the Red Sea and thought they were a juvenile dartfish but also check out the shortfin minidartfish (aioliops brachypterus)

    4 probably silver demoiselle (neopomacentrus anabatoides)

    no luck on the others though the bottom two are probably obvious if you've seen them before.

  3. Thanks again for your help Tiger Shark, and on the other topics I've posted recently. Not sure why, but I didn't get email notifications that there were any replys. I was really hoping that someone would know the bottom 2.

     

    Craig

  4. The last two are:

    sand bass, Psammoperca waigiensis
    firetail dottyback, Labracinus cyclophthalmus

  5. The last two are:

    sand bass, Psammoperca waigiensis

    firetail dottyback, Labracinus cyclophthalmus

     

     

    Thank you very much. I knew someone would know them. My wife and I argued over the last one. She said Wrasse, I said Dottyback. Never would have thought to look for the Bass in that group.

     

    Thanks again,

    Craig

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.