Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Options for the Nikonos 15mm?

Started by Cal ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Options for the Nikonos 15mm?

5 posts
  1. Hi Crew,

     

    I've been out of the loop for a while. I'm looking at getting a new travel setup and am wondering what my options are for getting my Nikonos 15mm back in the water?

     

    Is there a standard setup for the 15mm?

     

    Cheers

     

    Cal

  2. Hi Crew,

     

    I've been out of the loop for a while. I'm looking at getting a new travel setup and am wondering what my options are for getting my Nikonos 15mm back in the water?

     

    Is there a standard setup for the 15mm?

     

    Cheers

     

    Cal

    Are you trying to decide which Nikonos camera to use? You should know that Nikon produced two distinctively different Nikonos 15mm lenses. The earlier model extended deep into the camera body and had a rather large external finder that attached by a C-clamp of sorts. The later model was developed for the NIV and also works with the NV, which had metering that the earlier model was not designed for optically. The newer model extends more externally from the camera mount than the old one. There was a new external finder as well - it fit into the accessory show without the need for the large clamp of the first. More recently adapters have been developed to use Nikonos lenses on some of the mirrorless camera housings. You may find some postings on this here on Wetpixel regarding this.

    Edited by Tom_Kline
  3. Nauticam makes it easy to use with the Sony A7S2 camera

  4. A7RII / A7SII with Nauticam or Subal housing !

  5. I'm using the Nikonos 15mm with Sony NEX5 on a Nauticam Housing with special adapter since 5 years and I'm still impressed about the quality of the lens for both, video and stills.

     

    I am thinking about upgrading my system to SLR; if you or anyone else is interested in a more than complete NEX5 / Nauticam / Nikonos / Canon 60mm macro combo please reply.

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.