Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

fisheye lens for Meikon a6000...?

Started by Awagami ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

fisheye lens for Meikon a6000...?

3 posts
  1. I’ve recently acquired the Meikon 40m housing for the Sony a6000. I’m pleased to find that the Sigma 19mm and 30mm f/2.8 lenses fit this housing; yes, but what I really want to shoot with is a fisheye lens.

     

    It does not, however, appear as though there is a fisheye lenses for this setup. Every fisheye lens that I’ve found online for the Sony e-mount is too large to fit the Meikon housing. (If anyone knows of one that I’ve missed, please please pretty please tell me of it! :-)

     

    I do happen to have the Sony 16mm pancake lens, with the fisheye adapter. This won’t fit the Meikon housing, of course, due to the built-in petal lens hood on the adapter -- so I cut it off, enabling the lens to fit.

     

    Alas, but the lens-with-adapter suffers from vignetting in the Meikon housing! I can’t understand it, the lens is right up against the glass of the port; how can there be vignetting? Does anyone have the answer to this? Or, a suggestion for a possible solution? Or, knowledge of a fisheye lens for the Meikon a6000?

  2. You can't use a fisheye lens behind a plan port.

  3. Ok, okay. Thanks for clarifying that!

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.