Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Need settings for Panasoni GX85

Started by leepix ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Need settings for Panasoni GX85

4 posts
  1. I am getting a GX85 in a Nauticam housing and wondering is anyone has a good list of settings? Most likely based on Pany GX7? I shoot with Pany mm FE and do mostly CFWA and fish portraits with reef "structures" in between.

     

    suggestions pls?

  2. Are you going to be shooting mostly pictures opposed to video? I've just started shooting photos and primarily do video. For photos I've been shooting in standard picture profile (with default levels), AWB, 1/125 SS, and varying f-stop and ISO for depth of field needed. Some sample pics:

    9615d8d6e6193852529200d0ff13dbcc.jpgb45c1621dd5d8a3fe22971a971389cbf.jpg349f926117ec438e78d3fce8d921861a.jpg964c0fb0b052090f6f6bcb6a5e9d1143.jpg

     

    For video I've also been shooting in standard picture profile (with default levels), MWB, 1/60-1/30, and varying f-stop and ISO as needed ( a lot of ISO 800+ in our dark waters)

     

    Here's my first video with the camera:

     

     

     

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Edited by ScubaBob
  3. I suspect the setting will not be very different from other MFT including the GX7

    With the 8mm FE depth of field is not an issue. I usually shoot RAW (picture profiles and other settings are irrelevant) ISO100 shutter 1/125 Aperture f/5.6. There are no major benefits closing the aperture and beyond f/8 the lens does not perform well. Obviously if you do sunburst you may need to go all the way down to f/22 considering the GX85 syncs at 1/160 max.

  4. thanks I will be shooting stills mostly in CFWA and yes some sunbursts. Thanks for info.

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.