Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Nauticam Zoom/Focus gears for Kenko 1,4 TC

Started by DrBobke ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Nauticam Zoom/Focus gears for Kenko 1,4 TC

1 posts
  1. Hi All,

     

    As you might have seen my previous post on Teleconverters and use with Full Frame bodies, I was wondering if someone has been experimenting with "stackable" zoom/focus gears? I did see the "XIT404" system (also for Nauticam), but it seems they are not supplying anyting anymore...

     

    I know Nauticam has not released a gear for every lens, to work with the Teleconverter.

    However, I mainly would like to use a gear for the Tokina 10-17 (Canon), which Nauticam supplies a gear for, but also for the 100mm Canon macro f2.8L IS USM lens, of which I can find no reference... If possible, I would like to try what it would do on the 16-35 f2.8 iii and the 24-70 f2.8 ii lenses (both Canon) underwater.

     

    Since 3D printing has become so big over the past few years, I was wondering if anyone has been experimenting with making Zoom/Focus gears for the TC part, thus being able to stack the Nauticam gear I already have for the lens, and adding an addition, so the gear will work with the Teleconverter too? Alternatively, if someone has experimented with just making the entire zoom/focus gear using a 3D printer? (Or something else, I am open to suggestions!).

     

    Best regards,

     

    DrBobke

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.