Skip to content

Classifieds / Archived topic

FS: Ikelite housing for Canon 350D Rebel XT - $550, Ikelite DS200 strobe - $700, 6" dome port - $150

Started by oshun ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

FS: Ikelite housing for Canon 350D Rebel XT - $550, Ikelite DS200 strobe - $700, 6" dome port - $150

3 posts
  1. I'm not diving as much as I would hope these days, so it's time for spring cleaning.

    Ikelite housing (#6871.35) for Canon 350D Rebel XT - $550

     

    Includes:

    - universal zoom set (#5503.28) for lenses 2.8-3.3" (7.1-8.4 cm).

    - extra o-rings and parts

    - aluminum base tray

    The housing has never flooded. If you don’t already have the parts, you will need to get your own dome, strobe(s), strobe cord, and strobe arms.

    (I can add the Canon 350D Rebel XT for $150 if interested.)

    6” dome port (#5503.51) for Canon 17-40mm or Tokia 12-24mm lenses - $150

    See all the lenses that fit this port.

    Ikelite DS-200 (#4062.2) - $700

    TTL strobe with diffuser, battery pack, charger with universal adapters.

    The timing is good- I tested it today.

    http://www.backscatter.com/sku/IKE-4062.2.lasso

    $50 off of two items or $100 off everything. Buyer pays for shipping method of choice. Paypal accepted. Cross-posted on ScubaBoard.

    post-32013-0-68979300-1487651487_thumb.jpg

    post-32013-0-85214300-1487651760_thumb.jpgpost-32013-0-77289300-1487652063_thumb.jpgpost-32013-0-86469800-1487652151_thumb.jpgpost-32013-0-51199500-1487653280_thumb.jpg

    Photo taken with the housing + Canon 350D + Ikelite DS200 strobe

    post-32013-0-41658300-1487652164_thumb.jpg

    Edited by oshun
  2. I am new to this whole underwater photography but am looking to buy a whole system for my husband for his birthday. What else would I need to complete this set to get him out there and shooting? I would like to get a used set for now then upgrade later.

    I am new to this whole underwater photography but am looking to buy a whole system for my husband for his birthday. What else would I need to complete this set to get him out there and shooting? I would like to get a used set for now then upgrade later.

  3. You're an awesome spouse- u/w photography would be a great gift. You should consider what kind of camera your husband already owns. It probably makes more sense to find a housing to fit the camera he already has (or find the camera if there's a good deal on the housing). Here's a link to what you need for a full kit.

     

    If you're looking to get your husband in the water shooting, then you/he can take great shots with just:

    1. a point & shoot camera ($100-200)
    2. a housing for that camera ($100-200)
    3. a strobe ($200-400) and cable

    *I'm just making an estimate of prices.

     

     

    If your husband enjoys photography with a fancier DSLR, then the parts list is about the same, but you would have to consider a housing that allows you to change ports to accommodate different lenses.

    1. DSLR camera
    2. housing for the DSLR ($1000+ new). Brands include Ikelite, Nauticam, Sea & Sea.
    3. ports and sleeves that fit your different lenses ($150)
    4. strobe(s) and cable(s)
    5. arms and tray to connect camera and stobes (~$100)

     

    What I have posted above includes: 1 (if interested), 2, 3, 4 (partial). But if your husband doesn't own/doesn't like/plans to use a different camera than a Canon Rebel 350D, then you don't want the housing I posted.

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.