Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

ZS100 or LX100 for Snorkeling? Housing?

Started by hbkramer ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

ZS100 or LX100 for Snorkeling? Housing?

2 posts
  1. I own both the ZS100 and LX100, and am thinking about using one for underwater photography and video while snorkeling. Both have 4k capability and better sensors, than my TS3, which has a marginal ability to focus (@30%).



    LX100 Pro's: More light (f1.7 -2.8 lens), 4k, fast focus, nice buffer. Con's: 12 Meg (less room for cropping)


    ZS100 Pros: 4k, fast focus, 20 meg, nice buffer Con's: f2-8-X lens (less light than LX) smaller sensor



    I feel I can't go wrong with either camera, and have seen some positive reviews for both the Nauticam and Ikelite LX100 housings. I haven't seen or heard any reviews about housings for the ZS100, has anyone used it? I'm leaning toward Ikelite for either camera, because it's a little more cost effective. The Meikon also looks interesting, but seems to get mixed reviews.



    Thoughts?



    Thanks,


    Howard


    Edited by hbkramer
  2. Taking clips or footage whilst snorkelling is very hard. I would recommend you look at cameras with 5 axis stabilisation like the new GX80/85

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.