Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

E-PL5 with Samyang 7.5mm fisheye, Anyone?

Started by Timz ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

E-PL5 with Samyang 7.5mm fisheye, Anyone?

2 posts
  1. Hi, i would like to know how difficult is it to to use the Samyang 7.5mm Fisheye lens with Olympus E-PL5 in a Olympus PT-EP10 Housing.?

     

    I've recently bought a Precision dome port for Panny 8mm. But knowing that the Samyang and Panny is almost similar in length, I guess the dome is compatible... At worse, I might have some vignetting at the corner which i don't mind.

     

    Samyang is a fully manual lens. I can make my own focus gear for the samyang.

     

    Say if I leave the aperture wide open and only control the manual focus, how difficult is it to use underwater...?

     

    Anyone has any experience??

     

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  2. I can't comment, but would interested if you have any feedback, as I always have the Samyang 8mm at the back of my mind as a potential solution for my Sony.

     

    But my instinct would be to close the aperture down to maximise DoF, and control exposure via ISO. Then you would not have to worry so much about manual focus. Or am I mistaken?

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.