Mine is never positive regardless of which lens/port combo I am using. I have a Tokina 10-14mm with the small Zen dome, a Sigma 17-70mm that I use behind a Zen 170mm dome and both a Nikon 110mm and a Nikon 60mm that I use behind a Nauticam Port 30 with the necessary rings for each combo. I am using a Nauticam housing with both a 7100 and a 7200 body. I also use the Nauticam accessory viewfinders. I have an accessory ball on the top of each arm for a total of 4; Nauticam 8" float arms proximal and Nauticam regular stick arms distally with twin Inon 240 strobes. I also have a Sola Photo on one ball and a GoPro Hero 3+ on the remaining ball.
This set-up requires 8 clamps with it. I had to swap the 8" regular float arms for the 8" fat arms. Doing this changed me from being 3# heavy to just 1/2 # negative. I just finished 2 weeks of diving and it was a breeze to handle the camera like this.
Why do you need such a large dome? Hard with travelling and much more air space. Are you using and air filled arms?
I thought the dome would be a good place to start, and the price was good too... had I have known that I would have these problems, I definitely would have purchased a zen dome. I've got the Stix floats and I've tried different arm configurations, but the floaty dome is still a problem for me. I'm also using sea & sea strobes, which I understand now are a slightly negative weight under water whereas the inon's are a positive weight.
I'll be adding the M10 ball mounts to the housing as soon as I can remove the plastic filler plug thats there. I haven't got the removal tool, and they're stuck in pretty tight!
I also have the Sigma 17-70 lens, and at some point in the future I will use that in my underwater set up too. Right now, I'm just keen to start taking some photos with the Tokina lens, once I resolve this issue with the current dome.