I'm not a newbie to underwater photography, but I am a newbie to DLSR housing UW photography.
I bought a used NA-D7 housing, arms and strobes. It's a large step-up from my current rig, and raises the question: How to best store the housing and strobes on land?
The housing came with 4 strobe arms, 2 long & 2 shorter. The arms look like dumbells (i.e. not the light aluminum struts but rods with 1" balls on the ends). There are also some floats that attach to the rods.
In the photo from the buyer everything was assembled, but of course it all came in pieces for shipping.
So when you store your housing on land between dives, do you leave the strobes attached to the arms and the arms attached to the housing, or do you disassemble all that stuff into "parts"?
As to the housing, I'm currently storing it with the port removed so as to not squish the o-ring between dives. Also I'm keeping the housing back loosely on the front, but all latches open - again to keep from compressing the o-ring.
The strobes are DS125's and I'm keeping the battery packs loosely connected but not latched (again for o-rings).
Am I doing this properly, or is there a "pro" way to store the housing and strobes and arms between dives.
Thanks.
-R