Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Oops... Did I just mess up my kit?

Started by Finn ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Oops... Did I just mess up my kit?

4 posts
  1. Im pretty new to this, so sorry if this seems obvious to any of you.

    I just bought a new setup (Nauticam Canon G16, Inon Strobes) and went on a trip. On the way back I flew with all the o-rings on and everything sealed. A friend of mine told me that this might have been a big mistake.

    What should I do? Could I have damaged something or compromised the housing or strobes by flying with everything sealed?

    Thanks for your help!

  2. Very unlikely.. The pressure in a plane is "lower" but not drastically so. I think I would be inclined to take as much of it apart as you can and verify that the o-rings are sitting where they should be.

     

    I suppose you could always take the housing for a dive without the camera just so you have confidence in it...

  3. No worries; think about what forces are on the o-rings and seals. All commercial planes run around the equivalent of 1800 meters (6K feet) or slightly higher than say Denver. Taking your housing to Denver is not such a worry.

    Bill

  4. No problem at all... That is exactly how I have always transported my kit.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.