Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Cozumel

Started by stphnmartin ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

Cozumel

9 posts
  1. Took a first trip to Cozumel recently with Aldora Divers. Here are highlights from 30 dives. Comments and critiques are welcome!

     

    Edited by stphnmartin
  2. Hi Stephen,
    very nice macro shots! What have you used for that?
    The WB is sometimes tricky ;-))

    Thanks for the cenotes / caves, its time to go there again....

    Regards,
    Wolfgang

  3. Excellent. Shows that also a slightly more 'matured' Sony camcorder is fully up to the job in the right hands.

  4. I agree, your WB looks much better than I had ever been able to get with my old Sony camcorders, so I gave up and went to Canon. Very nice video, brings back memories. I may have to re-visit Cozumel again.

  5. Hi Stephen,

    very nice macro shots! What have you used for that?

    The WB is sometimes tricky ;-))

     

    Thanks for the cenotes / caves, its time to go there again....

     

    Regards,

    Wolfgang

    Thanks!

     

    I used the sony cx550 for the macro shots on a tripod. I manually white balance with a grey slate. The makes for more accurate colors--in addition to video lights!

  6. Hi Stephen,
    so no wet macro lenses?
    Great footage!

    Regards,
    Wolfgang

  7. Hi Stephen,

    so no wet macro lenses?

    Great footage!

     

    Regards,

    Wolfgang

     

    Thanks!

     

    No wet macro. The bluefin housing has an internal flip macro diopter for close focus. The camera itself has a 10X optical zoom.

  8. The advantages of a camcorder over a photo-centric system ;-)

  9. Very well done. 30 dives, nice! Love the macro...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.