Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Servicing/professional cleaning of (nauticam) housing..?

Started by sylviajenkins ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Servicing/professional cleaning of (nauticam) housing..?

4 posts
  1. I have been trying to see whether it is possible to have your (nauticam) housing professionally cleaned/serviced...? I work in a dive centre and take photos for customers nearly every day so after 6 months its probably had more dives than people who have maybe owned one for 5 years .. :\ I currently reside in Thailand its super sandy and salty all the time and even though i clean my housing on regular basis, its a losing battle with all the dust etc in the nooks and corners!

    I tried to have a look on google to see if it was possible to send your housing away, for lets say a week or two, to have it really properly cleaned by professionals who know how to diss and re assemble it, but I couldnt find any information.

    Has anyone had a service of this kind on their housing? Specifically a nauticam housing. I am going back home to London in a month and a half so I thought id check before I went home, so preferably businesses located in London, the UK in general or also Bangkok.

    Thank you fellow photographers! :notworthy:

  2. It's certainly possible. I would think any Nauticam dealer could do it or arrange to send it out. I don't know about Bangkok, but Scubacam in Singapore does excellent work and will do their best to meet your time line. If you can ship your housing securely, say with one of the big international couriers, it might be worthwhile as opposed to carrying it with you.

  3. I was quoted £325 by Underwater Visions recently - a £100 increase in 12 months - the reason given was the factory have put the price up to encourage dealers to do the work themselves. I don’t have anyone here to do it so I still send them back. The return shipping to the factory is £50 so effectively we’ve been losing money on every service we’ve done. Sorry, that’s the price I’m afraid and I don’t make a single penny on that..

    I bought a service kit from them for £84 yo do the service myself.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.