Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Panasonic LX 100

Started by johnalaska ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Panasonic LX 100

3 posts
  1. For the past year I have been using a Panasonic LX 100 in a Nauticam housing, shooting 4k video and stills with fairly good results. One re-occurring issue that I would like to get resolved is the fact that when visibility becomes less than ideal the shutter release will not activate even though a green light indicates that focus has been achieved. Shooting video is fine and is in focus. Why will the shutter not release when taking stills? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

  2. Have you tried disabling "Focus/Release Priority". This should allow you to fire the shutter even though if the subject is not in focus. So in theory it will let you fire the shutter whether the focus is lock or not.

  3. Thank you for the suggestion. I will definitely will try that the next time I dive. What about using focus lights or video lights, would that help the camera focus? If so, do you have any suggestions on type or model?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.