Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Which scene has good color?

Started by kc_moses ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Which scene has good color?

1 posts
  1. Shot this with Panasonic LX-100 and did some color grading. My monitor color calibration is off so I need some help/suggestion. Can you care to do a screen grab and post here about which scene do you think has a pleasing color? In most scene, I used 10bar red filter, in situation where the sun is not behind me, I get purple color.

     

    I also played around with Natural/Standard/Landscape color profile. Without the red filter, the coral look very washout, but the blue is quite nice and no problem of purple hue. With the red filter, the coral color is more pop, yellow saturation seems too high, but the blue is quite nice as long as if I get the sun behind me or at the right angle.......I'm still trying to nail down the color on this camera.

     

    Also, don't worry about the soft corner of the video, I used a modified WA lens for land use so the result is not as good, but love the wider FOV that none of the existing wet lens can provide. Not sure if this modified WA lens is a keeper.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D3SDzxmuR0

    Edited by kc_moses

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.