Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Nudi

Started by laz217 ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Nudi

2 posts
  1. Nudi

    Can anyone help with the id on this nudi? I found it last weekend diving in Palm Beach.

     

    nudi2.jpg

  2. Hi, Laz, there are two red and white ones around. One has orange bands on the "cheeks" which yours doesn't seem to have - that one is Learchis evelinae

    http://www.seaslugforum.net/learevel.htm

     

    The other one, without the orange cheeks, is "unidentified". Someone is currently working on identifying it, and here is the link. It is currently called Flabellina Sp. 2 on the forum

    http://www.seaslugforum.net/flabsp2.htm

     

    If you found it out on the reefs that is unusual; we usually find them in Lake Worth Lagoon. However I have seen a couple of very small ones on the 60 and 90-foot reefs off Delray Beach.

     

    Linda I.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.