I have a question for all seasoned DLSR UW photographers.
On my Canon 7D and many other modern DLSRs, there is more than one way to engage auto-focus. By default, my Canon has "shutter half-pressed" as a primary way to engage auto-focus, but the AF-ON button will also do this (so-called back focus).
I'm having a problem underwater where me and my big cold-water gloves manage to mitt-finger the AF-ON button by accident just when I have the perfect shot all set. While the AF-ON tries to re-establish focus, the shutter is locked out and I miss the shot.
Now I could just use custom functions to disable the back-focus (AF-ON) but before I do that, I wanted to ask - is this common for seasoned DLSR divers to turn off things like the star button (AE Lock) and the AF-ON button? Or with time do you simply learn to avoid pressing the wrong button?