Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Spegal Grove

Started by sjh ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Spegal Grove

5 posts
  1. Spegal Grove

    Hi ,

    Im looking to dive the Spegal Grove this weekend and wondered if anyone could recomend a good operator to head out with.

     

    Thanks

    Steve

  2. I personally go with Quiescence. They're service is great and their personel is very friendly and knowledgable. They run three 6-pack boats (6 divers max per boat) which makes the whole diving experience very comfortable.

     

    If you're interested in diving the Spiegel Grove, you might want to call the dive shop you choose in advance as they normally setup special trips to visit the wreck.

     

    Have fun and be safe! Say hello to the Goliath Grouper and the Strawberry Anemones for me. Tell'em I'll be diving up in Palm Beach this whole weekend. :lol:

  3. I dove the Spiegel Grove with Scuba Do recently in June. We had a group of 8 and chartered the boat to ourselves, which was outstanding. As Laz mentioned, make sure you call the op you choose in advance, many of them do schedule specific dives to different wrecks.

  4. Thanks Laz and Tom for your replies .I have booked with Quiescence,looking forward to it.I will drop you a line when i get back.

     

    Steve

  5. Spiegal Grove

    Laz and Tom,

    I wanted to thank you for your advise.

    Quiescence are a very good operator to dive in this area with.

    I would recomend them to anyone going to this area.

    There were 3 of us on the boat,so there was more than enough room(it was like a private charter).

    The Spiegal Grove had a strong current running and the vis was fairly low which made shooting a challenge,plus I had to help out a fellow diver,so I did not come away with the pictures I was hoping for ,all the more reason to return.

    We did one dive at the Grove and then moved to the wreck of the Benwood,a shallow dive with little to no current.

     

    Thanks again,

    Steve

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.