Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Acrylic prints

Started by ValerieR ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Acrylic prints

2 posts
  1. Hi,

     

    My friend is getting married in the coming month. She is a wonderful artist. She is interested in nature photography and I have a nice collection of photos taken by her. I always ask her to print her works. But she haven’t printed any of her works.

     

    So, I wish to gift her one of her photos printed. I have no idea about printing. In my search, I came to know about acrylic prints. I want to know more about it. I found that there are two distinct processes of creating an acrylic print – direct printing on to the material and printing onto paper and then face mounting to acrylic.

     

    As I don’t have any previous experience, I can’t understand the difference between the two. Please help me if anyone have any idea about it. And what about the cost of doing such prints? Do you have any other suggestion regarding the selection of print?

    Edited by ValerieR
  2. Go to Bay Photo and look at acrylic prints. they face mount a paper print to acrylic. 11x14 prints are on the order of $100

    they also do metal prints and metal to acrylic. Very good quality. There are a bunch of other folks doing this. in general most acrylic i have seen are face mounts of prints either on paper or on metal.

    bill

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.