Hi all, I wasn't sure where to post this so I thought I would add it in here (and if it's wrong I'm sure someone will move it to where it should be!)
I had a Canon G7X which sadly gave up the ghost recently. I have been looking into replacing it, but the mk2 is now out, are they very different? I have an underwater housing for the G7X (Fantasea I believe) so I want to just carry on using this. Does anyone know if there are any major differences which would stop a mk2 being used in the housing? I am trying to source a mk1 anyway but if a mk2 will fit and work fine then I will invest in one of those
Any help would be great
Many thanks
Hi,
I pretty sure that MK1 housing wouldn't take MK2. Mk2 is slightly larger. Sorry!
I moved from G15 to G7x for the ability to use auto flash on manual which I didn't have on the G15. It works very well with macro. However, my old Inon dome didn't work with G7x and produced horrible soft edges which I didn't have with the G15. I must say G7xm1 works well for macro and I am happy with the results. With M2 I hear the focus speed is much better which is great for macro as the little creatures don't hang around for long.
For wide angle I use the Nauticam N50 Compact Dome Port but it's not as wide as my old Inon.
So in summary, to get the best results for both macro and wide angle, I took the changeable port option which it took away my ability to switch under water.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk