I have the sony 16mm f2.8 and fisheye adapter along with the nauticam 4.33" dome. I know it's not a dome you're really considering but I thought I'd chime anyway since that's what I've got. I'd say the lens performance is not really that great at bigger apertures. In my opinion f2.8 is totally useless. f5.6 still has a significant amount of corner distortion. I pretty much have to shoot at f11 to get shots that are alright. I think this is because the 16mm f2.8 lens just isn't that great to begin with and the small 4.33" dome makes it difficult to get sharp corners. I think going with a bigger dome may help but the lens itself isn't up to par with the tokina 10-17. Hopefully some of the more experienced people here chime in, I'm a bit of a noob.
I've included some example photos from my Sony a5100 with 16mm F2.8 + Fisheye adatper at f2.8, f5.6, f8 and f11 so you can see the difference.

F2.8 -- horrible distortion, pretty much unusable.

F5.6 -- still has corner distortion

F8 -- Much improved but corners are still not sharp

F11 -- I think this is the best that this lens can do in terms of sharpness.