Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Olympus lens recommendation

Started by Jetor ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Olympus lens recommendation

4 posts
  1. Good afternoon, I just bought an olympus em 1 II. At the moment I have 60 mm and 12-40 pro. I bought the nauticam case with the port for the 60mm. But now I'm lost, I had thought to buy the 180mm dome for 12-40 and in some time buy the 7-14, since I read in the forum that uses the same dome. Anyone have any advice or suggestion? Do you think there are any other lens configurations that might be interesting? Thank you very much and I am sorry if my English is not quite good.

     

    Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A3003 mediante Tapatalk

  2. The best advice would be to look at the Nauticam port chart- https://nauticam.squarespace.com/learn/

    Tells you the Nauticam ports that go with the lenses.

    I use the 12-40 pro with a Zen port DP-170 that I believe you can use with the 7-14mm. However there are two dome ports available, one with the extension built in for the 12-40mm and one without, but to use the 7-14mm you need to buy the one without then add the extension to use the 12-40mm.

    I hope this makes sense??

    I find the 12-40mm a great lens.

  3. Hi Jetor,

     

    I have the EM-5MII with 12-40mm Pro in Nauticam housing. So far I use it with the Zen DP-170-N120 port and Nauticam N85-N120 60 mm adapter (as bear35 says there are three versions of the DP-170 port with different connections/extensions, but the N120 hopefully will fit for all the lenses I plan). I acquired the combination recently, not much practice yet, but image quality (at 12mm) is very good.

     

    I also plan to add the WA lenses (so no practical experience with them yet, but I did a lot or recherches): According to Zen I can use the same port with the Zuiko 7-14mm Pro with the N85-N120 adapter and additional 20mm extension, available from Nauticam.

    Phil Burghard from Zen wrote me that for the Zuiko 8mm FE one would need a 30mm N85-N120 adapter that is, however, not available by Nauticam.

    There is a company in Vienna http://www.unterwasserkamera.at/run by Manfred Werner. Werner produces also coustom made extension rings and adapters for reasonable money.

  4. Ups, Sorry the previous posting is incomplete, here is the entire one....

     

    Hi Jetor,

     

    I have the Oly EM-5MII with 12-40mm Pro in Nauticam housing. So far I use it with the Zen DP-170-N120 port and Nauticam N85-N120 60 mm adapter (as bear35 says there are three versions of the DP-170 port with different connections/extensions, but the N120 hopefully will fit for all the lenses I plan). I acquired the combination recently, not much practice yet, but image quality (at 12mm) is very good.

     

    I also plan to add the WA lenses (so no practical experience with them yet, but I did a lot or recherches already): According to Zen I can use the same port with the Zuiko 7-14mm Pro with the N85-N120 adapter and additional 20mm extension, available from Nauticam.

    Phil Burghard from Zen wrote me that for the Zuiko 8mm FE one would need a 30mm N85-N120 adapter that is, however, not available by Nauticam.

    There is a company in Vienna http://www.unterwasserkamera.at/ run by Manfred Werner. Werner not only sells underwater camera equipment, but also produces coustom made extension rings and adapters for reasonable money. He will produce a 30mm adapter for me for use with the 8mm FE. I will report as soon as I have made some fotos, but I will take still some weeks more until the adaptor is ready...

     

    Another note: already at 12mm I noticed that it can be difficult to get close to an object, e.g. fish portrait, with the 170 dome. So the DP100 port will certainly be more convenient for use with the 8 mm fisheye, when closely approaching an object. I do not know, however, how the image quality would be in comparison...

     

    Wolfgang

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.