Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Zen dome port

Started by bear35 ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Zen dome port

2 posts
  1. Hello,

     

    I am looking at adding the Olympus 8mm fisheye to my setup. Does anyone know the best dome port to use?

     

    Zen list it for use with the 100mm and also the 170mm ports. What would optically give the best results??

     

    I have also seen that Nauticam do a 140mm port, I assume this is probably the best optical option??

     

    Do the Nauticam ports have the coating like the Zen ones to reduce flare? I have looked at the web site but it just seems to list it.

     

    Thanks.

  2. Both the Zen and Nauticam domes are optically coated. The 170 would be fine I am sure, but unless you are concerned with doing over-under shots, or have some other need, the size is not necessary for that lens in that format. I use a 100 dome because I wanted small size for close focus purposes, and I am happy with it. The 140 might/should provide sharper corners, particularly at larger apertures and would probably be better if you wanted to do some over/under shots. Pretty much a toss up depending on your interests. Either would be an excellent choice with no strong pros or cons to either.

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.