Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Backpacking through Europe with BP/W & Camera Gear - Need Gear Help!

Started by rgilkes ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Backpacking through Europe with BP/W & Camera Gear - Need Gear Help!

3 posts
  1. Hey Guys,

    I am going to be hitting a few cities throughout Europe over a 2-week span and I'm looking for good bags to bring my dive gear, clothes and camera gear. Currently when I travel I use an Aqualung Traveler 850 and a ThinkTank International 3.0 and my equipment includes a SS BP and a Nauticam A7II housing w/ 8" dome. Obviously, these aren't ideal for Europe and I'm hoping to find something in more of a backpack style.
    Anyone have a similar setup they use? I found the Dive Caddy G3, but it doesn't have the greatest reviews.
    Thanks in advance!
  2. I use a lowepro 350 video fastpack for all my camera equipment and find it large enough to store my canon 5d, 70-200mm, 16-35mm, 100mm macro, tokina 10-17mm, 50mm prime, speedlight, 4xharddrives, 2xinonZ240, macbook, charging cables and chargers. Furthermore it's an excellent carry around bag when shooting on dry land and accessing equipment is fast and easy. Then for my underwater equipment i use a plastic hard shell carry on case e.g (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Extra-Light-Trolley-Hand-Luggage-Suitcase-Shell-Cabin-Bag-Value-Case-Carry-on-UK-/292028682420?var=&hash=item43fe4410b4:m:meCsntRDYJyd5HAD-x9Jceg) lined with foam. This carries my housing, ports, arms/clamps and any cables, tools etc... Much lighter and easier to carry than a pelican case.

     

    Hope that helps!

  3. If it's not too late, check out Wandrd PRVKE. I have the 31L original and it works well. I carry Nikon D-600, 16-35 f4, 105 micro, 2 S&S YS-D2, Isotta housing, 165mm dome with extension, and macro port. Weighs a lot but airlines damaged a housing one time on a trip to Galapagos so I prefer to carry all I can instead of checking.

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.