Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

External battery for Aquatica housing Sony a7r II

Started by Aldijo2 ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

External battery for Aquatica housing Sony a7r II

8 posts
  1. Has anybody used an external battery inside an Aquatica housing for Sony a7R II. I've never had an issue with battery life while using wide angle lens but recently I started using a Macro lens (90mm) and all the focusing seems to drain the battery quicker. I now that Nauticam sells an external battery, but I'm using a flash trigger therefore I'm unable to use it. The housing seems to have some available spaces. I was looking into this battery BigBlue Power Bank With Built-in Lightning Cable (https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01NAQQTA9/ref=psdc_7073960011_t3_B01KUVLMPK).

    Any experiences or suggestions?

  2. Hello, in the next few weeks engineering will be working on adapting an external battery that can be installed on the inside of our A7rII housing.

  3. Hello, in the next few weeks engineering will be working on adapting an external battery that can be installed on the inside of our A7rII housing.

    Great news!
  4. So I bought an "ultra-thin" external battery with the following dimensions 3.7”x2.4”x0.2”in). Unfortunately it didn't fit. I'll be waiting for Aquatica's battery now or some other ideas.

  5. Hello, in the next few weeks engineering will be working on adapting an external battery that can be installed on the inside of our A7rII housing.

    Very interested in this! Thanks, John

  6. I can't find the dimensions anywhere.

  7. Hello, in the next few weeks engineering will be working on adapting an external battery that can be installed on the inside of our A7rII housing.

    Is the project still ongoing?

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.