Skip to content

Classifieds / Archived topic

Nikonos RS 13mm Fisheye R-UW. Holy Grail!

Started by ianmarsh ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Nikonos RS 13mm Fisheye R-UW. Holy Grail!

3 posts
  1. For sale is an extremely rare Nikonos R-UW 13mm Fisheye. Serial Number 500628.

     

    This lens is in excellent condition. The glass is near pristine front and back. There are no marks on the glass I am able to photograph.

     

    No evidence of fungus or lens separation of any kind. I cannot see any dust inside the lens.

     

    The rear lens mount is perfect with no brassing. The O ring and groove are perfect. All electrical contacts are clean. Rear filter perfect. Iris lever moves smoothly.

     

    Front and rear caps are in excellent condition. I do not have an RS body to test, but the LED on the distance scale illuminates when mounted on my D810 body and good images are obtained. (These are slightly out of focus as this is a dedicated UW optic.)

     

    This lens can be modified by Harald Hordosch at Seacam to work with modern cameras and housings. I have one modified that I use with a Nauticam ND800 housing with a Nauticam-Seacam port adapter. This works perfectly. Or it can be used with Seacam housings.

     

    Alternatively Andrej Belic will convert the lens electronically with a housing adapter, which does not split the lens into two components. Gates underwater housings will allow adaptation to some its housings.

     

    It can be used natively with Nikonos RS SLR bodies.

     

    Unfortunately I cannot attest to waterproofness as is, but see no issues to suggest it is not. There are some superficial scuffs on the lens shade and a few scratches of the body paint. I would rate this lens a solid 9.5.

     

    Additional photos on request.

     

    Contact: ianmarsh@icloud.com

     

    Located in Vernon, BC, Canada

     

    $2500 USD, shipping included

     

     

    post-35542-0-82396500-1495058081_thumb.jpg

    post-35542-0-18145100-1495058096_thumb.jpg

    post-35542-0-26447000-1495058125_thumb.jpg

    post-35542-0-83354300-1495058137_thumb.jpg

    post-35542-0-43612200-1495058179_thumb.jpg

  2. Hey Ian,

     

    Interested. PM Sent!

  3. Lens is sold!

     

    Thanks all for looking

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.