Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Website for my pictures?

Started by Ggtuim ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Website for my pictures?

8 posts
  1. Hello. I'm thinking about making a website for myself. I want a website whit profesional galery where I can upload my photos. I want good service and support. Do you know where can do such a website for me? Thanks.


  2. Hi Ggtium

     

    Have you thought of having a go yourself? I set one up a couple years ago and was surprised that it was not as tricky as I thought. I used a software program called EverWeb which I found pretty intuitive and their customer service are very helpful. Once you have designed it they can host the site for you (maybe $75/year) - or you can use another web hosting service.

     

    I did make some enquiries in the UK with web designing services and gave up when the costs seemed to be around £4000!

  3. I use smug mug which gives a vast number of options: https://srkay.smugmug.com/

    Another option if you already have web space is something like http://theturninggate.net/which provides plug ins for Lightroom to generate web pages.

     

    There are lots of other options but those are the two I have played with

  4. There are many companies that can do this for you. You just need to know what you want!

  5. I agree with TimG :) I use WordPress for my website. Although it's mainly a blog, I do have a couple of galleries of photos there. I signed up with BlueHost and paid for my own domain, but that isn't strictly necessary. I did everything myself and I'm not a "webmaster" by any stretch of the imagination :D Perhaps you don't need to pay someone to do it for you... It's not as difficult as you might think ;)

    Edited by ScubaBill22
  6. I like WordPress designs. Do you know whoever can make a site for me in WordPress. I don't have a very big budget!

  7. It'd help to know where you are.....

     

    And you're not going to give it a DIY try?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.