Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Olympus 8mm 1.8

Started by Jetor ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Olympus 8mm 1.8

8 posts
  1. Anybody can show me some pictures with this lens. I m thinking to buy one but I would like to see some examples before. Many thanks.

     

    Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A3003 mediante Tapatalk

  2. Here are some low res (for Online viewing) of my trip to Ningaloo WA taken with OMD EM1 with Olympus 8mm f1.8 in Nauticam housing. No flash as you are not allowed to use them photographing the whale sharks.

    Also some astrophotography pics as this lens has very low coma distortion.

    post-50926-0-78602500-1496313144_thumb.jpg

    post-50926-0-31187600-1496313158_thumb.jpg

    post-50926-0-85483700-1496313175_thumb.jpg

    Edited by Griff
  3. Interesting fotos...

     

    @Griff & @Diver4Fun:

    What domports have you been using?

     

    Wolfgang

  4. I'm using the 4.33 inch domeport + 20mm extension ring.

  5. Same here

  6. These are examples shot with the Olympus 8mm F/1.8 Fisheye, E-M1 II, Nauticam NA-EM1II housing, Nauticam N85 140mm optical glass dome port and N85 extension 17. One close focus and one at about 18 inches.

     

     

    post-2618-0-45666500-1496421324_thumb.jpg

    post-2618-0-89057600-1496421343_thumb.jpg

  7. Here's a couple shot through the Inon 170mm dome with my E-M1 and Oly housing. I use the same dome for the 12-40 and 7-14 Pro lenses- just add a 2" extension ring and you're in business. Remove it, and you can use the 8mm. Corner sharpness is lousy in the first one because I was shooting at f2 for some reason. I have others taken at a reasonable f-stop that had better corner performance.

    post-50197-0-53251500-1496459596_thumb.jpg

    post-50197-0-39006000-1496459597_thumb.jpg

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.