Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Managing video files and work flow

Started by kun1 ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Managing video files and work flow

7 posts
  1. I've just got back from a trip to Komodo and have footage from my camera and drone in 4k. I have some files from the drone in particular that are very large and i only actually need 5-10s of footage from the clip.

     

    Is there a tool i can use to quickly and efficiently trim down my clips as I'm viewing them and discard the rest of the clip to free up space?

     

    Also, hi it good to be back haven't been on here for a while :-)

     

     

  2. I've just got back from a trip to Komodo and have footage from my camera and drone in 4k. I have some files from the drone in particular that are very large and i only actually need 5-10s of footage from the clip.

     

    Is there a tool i can use to quickly and efficiently trim down my clips as I'm viewing them and discard the rest of the clip to free up space?

     

    Also, hi it good to be back haven't been on here for a while :-)

     

     

     

    What editor are you using? Most will let you select the portion of the clip you want before importing it.

  3. Was going to try resolve before I pay for one

     

     

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. This is what I use: https://github.com/mifi/lossless-cutThe interface is basic, but it gets the job done quick and without losing any quality. It may not work with all video formats.

  5. Hello also try the new video file manager videux.com it's what i'm using from previously photos.

  6. Thanks guys I'll check these out

     

     

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. Resolve will let you subclip and export that subclip as a new file.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.