Skip to content

Classifieds / Archived topic

Subal D800 Housing and Nikon D800E Body for sale $4200 US

Started by Jim Black ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Subal D800 Housing and Nikon D800E Body for sale $4200 US

4 posts
  1. I have a Subal Housing for a Nikon D800...and a Nikon D800E camera body for sale. The Subal Housing is configured for type 3 ports...and is in terrific shape. It has about 125 dives on it. I am not selling any ports or gears with the housing..just the body, viewfinder, handles, and port cover. The housing has been professionally maintained...overhauled.

     

    The Nikon D800E camera body has 5700 shutter actuations on it. It is pristine otherwise....no aesthetic blemishes.

     

    I can e-mail detailed photographs of both items if interested. It is an excellent rig.

     

    I require $4200 US for both items. Free shipping. Paypal works. I live in Pittsburgh, Pa.

     

    Thanks..JIM

     

    Jim Black

    jim.black14@verizon.net

    Edited by Jim Black
  2. Hi Jim,

     

    Do you know if the type 3 accommodates the Nikon 16-35mm lens (barrel width)? I've not needed to use it on my Subal ND30 Type 3 but would want to on a FF camera.

     

    Thanks,

    Tom

  3. Hi Tom....matter of fact....I just had this very conversation with Kevin Palmer of Reef Photo in Ft. Lauderdale and he knows his stuff. They are Subal dealers. I just came back from a trip to Raja Ampat and Misool and my wide angle pics were

    a little soft on the edges as usual although the resolution of the pics of the D800E was off the scale lovely. I was using the Nikon 18-35 on those shots and a DP-FE port. Of course, that is an age old dome port problem across the board. So I queried Kevin on that very matter.

     

    Anyway, I wanted to upgrade to the Nikon 16-35 as it is a better lens. Of course, Subal doesn't list that lens' use with type 3 ports. Kevin insists that you can use it with a type 3 setup. That is what he uses on his Subal rig for wide angle. The width of the lens certainly fits through the port opening with no problem. The length of the lens requires the EXR-90 as you probably already know. Additionally, I asked if the optics would be correct with my DP-FE3 wide angle port. He recommended not using any diopters at all. But, he recommended using the new Sea & Sea Internal Correction Filter to make the edges of the wide angle pics to look sharp. Option #2 on the soft edges is to never shoot a wider aperture than f11.

     

    But, to answer your question, YES the Nikon 16-35 does fit in the housing although I have never done it. You can chat with Kevin @ 954-537-0644 and he can answer your questions more eloquently than I can.

     

    The Suball ND800 housing and the Nikon D800E that I'm selling are in excellent shape.

     

    All the best..JIM

    Edited by Jim Black
  4. The 16-35 4.0G ED VR fits fine in the type 3 port in my ND800.

     

    Elmer

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.