Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Strobes for D70

Started by donjaussi ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Strobes for D70

4 posts
  1. Strobes for D70

    I just bought my D70 with the Nikor 18-70DX (for the purpose of going underwater with it), and am thrilled. I have taken ~1400 frames in the two months that I have had it.

     

    I am now looking at the housing, and have settled on the Ikelite.

     

    What to do about lighting though? I already own a DS50, but understand that no-one makes an i-TTL compatible strobe yet for the D70. I also own an SB-800 which I think is brilliant. I am tempted just to buy a housing for the SB-800.

     

    Anyone have any suggestions? Two-DS125's? One DS125 with the DS50? An SB-600 with the SB-800?

  2. I use two DS-125's and my wife uses two DS-50's....all with manual controllers

     

    Since you already have a DS-50, another one should give you great coverage except perhaps for the 10.5....the 50's sure are small and light :lol:

     

    Of course, there is nothing wrong with 1 DS-125 and 1 DS-50 either :P

     

    Karl

  3. Hello -

     

    I have two ds125's on d70 and never had the fill strobe (to my right) past the 1/2 mark. If the ds50 at full will at least give you half of ds125 that will probably work. Not sure about the angle of coverage..

     

    I would go with Karl's suggestion of 1 ds125 and 1 ds50 to start!

     

    M.

  4. I had a ds50 and found it hard to control exposures but when i got 2 ds125 i found i couls change the intensity of light much better ie less for close up more for wide angle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.