Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

HDR software comparison

Started by Burtooked ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

HDR software comparison

3 posts
  1. Hello Wet Pixel members,

    I thinking about trying my hand at HDR editing, but I'm a bit confused about which tool should I use. The majority of programs (of high quality of course) are expensive, so I don't want just waste my money. I'm torn between Aurora HDR and Photomatix. Which one would you recommend and why?
    Are there any tables, articles or any other resources comparing the features of these two editors?

    Thanks in advance!

  2. Google has made it's Nik Collection free, and it contains HDR Efex Pro 2. I have used it and it's nice. The Nik Collection integrates with Lightroom so is quite easy to use.

  3. On the other hand, the NIK collection will probably be going away soon. We have no plans to update the Collection or add new features over time (from the Google page).

    Bill

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.