Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Coolers for rig transportation / Rinse "again sorry"

Started by craig nelson ·

  • 10Posts
  • 10Replies

Read-only discussion

Coolers for rig transportation / Rinse "again sorry"

10 posts
  1. Hi All

     

    I'm looking to grab a 48 can cooler for my trip to Bali

     

    Difficult to find good products here in the U.K. So I'm happy to eBay something or Amazon.

     

    Found Norchill and AO coolers to be the products available.

     

    I've emailed Norchill and asked about of the zipper on their bags. They are not water tight.

     

    Are AO bags zippers water tight ?

     

    Watched lots of YouTube vids with AO used and abused . Norchill having water poured out of the zipped bag.

     

    Thinking of this rinse tank scenario or should I say over thinking it !

     

    Proberbly don't even need to worry about it as long as it's keeping the housing damp for a few hours.

     

    Suggestions please and thoughts all welcome.

     

    Thanks

    Craig

  2. Are AO bags zippers water tight ? NO not water tight bags are tough and sturdy just a little bulky for packing due to insulation.

  3. Have a look at CineBags Underwater that have released a new UW camera bag.

    I've got the 48 cooler and the new CineBag, the cine bag is a lot less bulky than the AO, but is more like the 36can size of the AO.

  4. Cheers thanks Richard , will take a look, where did you fine cinebags in the U.K. ?

     

    I think looking at my macro rig its going to have to be a 48 can size. Had the tape out and from viewfinder to front of ports it's >10"

     

    I'd have to compromise somewhere I'm sure.

  5. Thanks for your input folks

     

    I have in the end gone with a 48can Norchill. Size matters in this case and I need it to absorb my macro rig.

     

    http://www.norchillcoolers.com/product/norchill-boatbag-marine-cooler/

     

    Purchased direct with Norchill off eBay for £70 inc shipping. It's big enough I rekon to absorb a few cans of beer also lol !

  6. Thanks for your input folks

     

    I have in the end gone with a 48can Norchill. Size matters in this case and I need it to absorb my macro rig.

     

    http://www.norchillcoolers.com/product/norchill-boatbag-marine-cooler/

     

    Purchased direct with Norchill off eBay for £70 inc shipping. It's big enough I rekon to absorb a few cans of beer also lol !

     

    that's 70 including customs etc ? As looking for one myself...

  7. It's a total of £70.

     

    I don't think it will hit with customs as the value is low. The seller just shipped via standard international. If anything it will be about £10 by the time RM have slapped a handling fee on it lol.

     

    Regards

    Craig

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.