Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

why remove lens on go pro 5 black

Started by divingbubbles ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

why remove lens on go pro 5 black

2 posts
  1. I've just bought a gopro hero 5 black and two underwater jackets from different manufactures. I see with the official jacket, the front lens is removed before fitting in the housing. The camera fits in the two "copies" without removing the said lens. Is there a disadvantage to not removing the lens? I would have thought it would make better sense to keep it attached to maintain the cameras waterproof credentials.

    Thanks.

  2. My assumption is that it provides a wider angle since the front lens is so much closer to the house outer "lens". This provides better image quality, or at least a wider angle. I believe the house will provide some splash proof even without the cover - and if it's a massive leak, the camera is toast in any case.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.