Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Ghost image in video

Started by Lionfi2s ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Ghost image in video

4 posts
  1. Hello all,

     

    I am experiencing a weird problem.

    I don't know what the exact term for the problem is so I got two screenshots showing the problem.

    This is a screenshot from the footage without any kind of editing or correction. And its ok

     

    Screen_Shot_2017-07-06_at_12.40.20.png

     

    This is same footage one frame after. And as you can see there is something that I call ghost image (not knowing the proper term).

     

    Screen_Shot_2017-07-06_at_12.40.38.png

     

    Footage is from a SONY RX100 mk4 but recorded on an external recorder (Ninja 2) as 1920x1080 Pro Res 422 10 bit 30fps.

     

    Any idea what its called and what the reason os?

     

    Thanks all in advance.

    Edited by Lionfi2s
  2. I don't know if could be the same but I got something similar once.

    By mistake my NLE project was set at 25p and my clips were 24p.

    Instead to get dropped frames I got in some of them objects with "double" borders.

     

    Bye

  3. I don't know if could be the same but I got something similar once.

    By mistake my NLE project was set at 25p and my clips were 24p.

    Instead to get dropped frames I got in some of them objects with "double" borders.

     

    Bye

    I ve tried setting my timeline to both 24p and 30p. No difference. It also appears before even putting the footage on a timeline.

    Edited by Lionfi2s
  4. It's a motion blur issue. Last week someone posted about he got advise to shoot not in 180 degree, but 360 degree. So, if you're shooting at 30fps, instead of using 1/60 shutter speed, use 1/120. The guy who posted here said he saw an improvement (I think he's using Sony AX100), I haven't try it yet, but it kind of make sense to increase shutter to remove motion blur, and it would make frame grab more successful when shoot 4K. I don't think it will cause serious stuttering effect, but something consider to try.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.