Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

60mm vs. 100m

Started by seansrs968 ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

60mm vs. 100m

4 posts
  1. I am here in Lembeh right now shooting with a 100mm macro. My question is which do you macro shooter prefer the 60mm or 100mm? This is my first time with the 100mm. It seems with the 100mm, I have to be quite far from the subject. Would love to hear others opinion on their preference on lenses.

     

  2. Hi,
    what camera are you using?
    FX or DX?
    That makes a big difference.

    And with some animals, it is easier to get a good shot if you are a bit further away, if the water conditions are good enought!

    Regards,
    Wolfgang

  3. I am using a Canon 5DM3.

  4. On full-frame I prefer a 100mm. If you want to get closer then try a doubler/wet diopter like the SubSee or Nauticam SMC.

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.