Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Zuiko 8mm 1.8 FE Pro with Zen DP-170-N120

Started by Architeuthis ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Zuiko 8mm 1.8 FE Pro with Zen DP-170-N120

4 posts
  1. So far, it was not possible to use the Zen DP-170-N120 domeport with the Zuiko 8mm 1.8 FE Pro with nauticam housings, as no N85-N120 adapter with 30mm extension was available so far.

     

    Hence I ordered a coustom made N85 to N120 adapter (30mm Extension, as recommended by Zen) for use with the NA-EM5MII housing. It took www.unterwasserkamera.at eigth weeks from ordering until I got it (but they had to produce a 3D design drawing before they could produce it). Now they have it in their catalog and I asume it should not last as long to produce it again:

     

    https://www.unterwasserkamera.at/shop/catalog/product_info.php?info=p6901_d-d-nauticam-n85---n120-portadapter-30mm.html

     

    Last weekend I made a first test in a nearby quarry pond and show some sample images below (OMD-E5MII plus two Sea&Sea YS-D2 strobes) - vis was approx. 2m, so unfortunately the images do'nt allow to judge image quality of this combination (but no vignetting, at least).

    I promise to post better images, but this will not be before September, when I will return form diving vacation in Croatia.

     

    ISO 400; f 8.0; 1/125.

    post-55769-0-96148100-1499705076_thumb.jpg

     

    ISO 400; f 8.0; 1/100.

    post-55769-0-28664100-1499705258_thumb.jpg

     

    ISO 400; f 8.0; 1/250.

    post-55769-0-75169000-1499705283_thumb.jpg

     

    Wolfgang :)

    post-55769-0-51717900-1499704754_thumb.jpg

    post-55769-0-59807600-1499704825_thumb.jpg

  2. I like the stuff Manfred does at underwaterkamera.at - if he would just be more accurate in his delivery promises. A "couple of days" can easily become two or three weeks....

  3. Here come some more example fotos with the combination Zen DP170-N120 / 30mm D&D N120-N85 adapter / Zuiko 8mm FE / OMD-EM5 MII:

     

    ISO200; 1/250s ; f 9.0; 2x Sea&Sea YS-D2.

     

     

     


    ISO200; 1/250s ; f 10; 2x Sea&Sea YS-D2.

    post-55769-0-84138900-1509526563_thumb.jpg

    post-55769-0-13093800-1509526861_thumb.jpg

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.