Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

YS-D2 slightly out of sync with the other

Started by scubasteve85 ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

YS-D2 slightly out of sync with the other

4 posts
  1. I assembled my first serious underwater rig today, a Sony RX100V in a nauticam housing with dual YS-D2 strobes. I'm currently using fantsea fiber cables and the strobes in TTL sync mode. When I take a test shot to make sure the strobes are in sync, one strobe appears much brighter than the other. It seems that one strobe might be just slightly out of sync with the other. Any suggestions what might be the cause? Am I better off slaving one strobe to the other? Should I try nauticam cords? Any suggestions appreciated.

  2. Photos for reference. post-62862-0-41665800-1500179203_thumb.jpg

    post-62862-0-92060600-1500179011_thumb.jpg

  3. The second picture looks fine to me, not too much difference between them. Settings?

    Bill

  4. Try switching the strobes: if one of the strobes is acting up it probably doesn't matter whether it is is on the L or R side.

    Then switch the cords: does the problem move with the cord?

     

    You are trying to work out whether the problem moves with the strobe or with the cord.

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.