Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

HAVE: 5Dmkii in Ikelite WANTS: less weight/bulk

Started by Snappy ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

HAVE: 5Dmkii in Ikelite WANTS: less weight/bulk

1 posts
  1. At the moment I am shooting UW with a canon 5Dmk ii + EF15mm in an Ikelite housing with handles. I use both the Ikelite 8" domeport and a 5" Underwater Camera Stuff dome. I have strobes, but often travel without them when freediving. Still I find this set up to be bulky and heavy, especially as I often carry more kit for land photography in addition to my UW stuff.

     

    In terms of image quality I am actually happy with this 10 year old technology, it serves me well.

    So I wonder if there are any more modern set ups that can match the 5D mkii image quality BUT does so with a significantly reduced size and weight? :uwphotog:

     

    (Wide angle is my only interest, no need for macro etc. )

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.